- The essence of the apostille on the court decision on divorce in Ukraine
- The procedure for affixing an apostille to a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
- What to do if the apostille is denied in Ukraine?
- Where is the apostille affixed on the divorce decision in Ukraine?
- Deadline for affixing an apostille to a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
- Documents for apostilization of a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
- Obtaining a court decision on divorce after affixing an apostille in Ukraine
- Apostille on documents of the registry office in Ukraine
- Apostille on marriage certificate in Ukraine
- Apostille on divorce certificate in Ukraine
- Apostille on the birth certificate of a child in Ukraine
- Apostille on the extract from the registry office in Ukraine
The essence of the apostille on the court decision on divorce in Ukraine
Apostille is a stamp that is affixed to documents in order to be able to use them outside their home country.
The apostille confirms the following provisions:
- the authenticity of the signature of the person certifying the court decision on divorce;
- the competence of the person who has certified the document with her signature;
- the authenticity of the bond seal.
The service of affixing an apostille can be provided by a divorce lawyer, who, thanks to his knowledge and experience, will carry out the procedure as soon as possible without your participation.
The procedure for affixing an apostille to a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
Apostille affixing has a certain procedure, regulated by the corresponding document “Procedure for affixing an apostille”. In accordance with this legislative draft, the apostilization procedure consists of the following stages:
- acceptance of documents and registration of the submitted application;
- determination of the possibility of affixing an apostille and the absence of grounds for refusal;
- comparison of the authenticity of the signature and seal with the samples available in the files of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, as well as the competence of the person who put this signature;
- receiving a receipt for payment for the service, or a document confirming the exemption from payment;
- direct affixing of the apostille;
- registration of a court decision on divorce, on which it was necessary to affix an apostille.
What to do if the apostille is denied in Ukraine?
There are cases when the apostille may be legally refused. That is why it is necessary to know the grounds for refusal, regulated by the “Procedure for affixing an apostille”. These include:
- use of a court decision on divorce in the territory of countries that are not parties to the Hague Convention;
- damage preventing reading;
- a document received by fax, or contains a signature or writing in pencil;
- the court decision on divorce has corrections or additions;
- lack of authority for the Ministry of Justice to affix an apostille on this document;
- inconsistency of signature or seal.
If you refuse to affix an apostille, we recommend that you contact a divorce lawyer, who, having familiarized himself with your situation, will suggest the best ways to solve the problem based on his experience.
Where is the apostille affixed on the divorce decision in Ukraine?
Considering that the apostille affixing is legally binding, there are rules about where exactly the seal should be affixed.
According to the “Procedure for affixing an apostille”, the stamp must be placed exclusively in a place free from the text. If there is no such place on the front side, it is permissible to affix an apostille:
- on the other side;
- on a separate sheet attached to the court decision.
It is important to know that when it is necessary to put an apostille on a separate sheet, then its attachment to the court decision on divorce must be carried out:
- using white or red thread (ribbon);
- in a way that excludes the possibility of separating sheets without damaging them;
- with confirmation of the number of sheets by the signature of the person authorized to affix the apostille.
Deadline for affixing an apostille to a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
The standard term for affixing an apostille is regulated by the “Procedure for affixing an apostille” and is 1 business day. However, there are cases when the duration of apostilization of a court decision on divorce can be legally increased. These include:
- heavy workload of employees or other circumstances (illness, vacation, dismissal) that exclude the physical possibility of affixing an apostille on a court decision on divorce within a specified period. The term can be extended up to 3 working days;
- an increase in the time required to obtain a sample signature and a stamp to determine compliance and authenticity. The duration of apostilization can be up to 20 working days.
Documents for apostilization of a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
Apostille affixing to a court decision on divorce occurs on the basis of an application by an individual or a legal entity.
In this case, it will be necessary:
- write and submit an application for apostille affixing;
- present an identity document;
- prepare a court decision on divorce, which requires an apostille;
- provide a receipt for payment for the service of affixing an apostille, or a document confirming the exemption from payment.
Obtaining a court decision on divorce after affixing an apostille in Ukraine
The receipt of the document after affixing the apostille takes place upon presentation of the back of the application issued when the documents were submitted.
You should know that a court decision on divorce, which has undergone apostilization, is issued exclusively to the person who submitted the application. In the event that a person does not have the physical ability to do this personally, registration is permissible:
- power of attorney to another person who will be authorized to act on behalf of the applicant;
- a written application for consent to receive a court decision by another person (representative).
Both of these options make it possible to obtain a divorce decision from a court through a representative. The representative can be a family divorce lawyer, who will not only take and send you the apostilled divorce decision, but also provide the service of affixing an apostille without your participation.
Apostille on documents of the registry office in Ukraine
There are two ways to issue documents to the registry office for use outside of Ukraine:
- affix an apostille;
- undergo legalization.
Apostille affixing is a more convenient way, but it is not available in all cases.
The conditions for using the apostille are regulated by the Hague Convention. According to this agreement, affixing an apostille is equivalent to the full legalization of state documents of the Civil Registry Office in those countries that are joined to the Convention.
At the same time, there are countries that set stricter requirements for legalization, which forces the use of a double apostille. These countries include: Norway, Austria, Portugal, Great Britain, Denmark, Belgium, Holland, Italy, France, Switzerland.
The apostille affixing on the documents of the registry office takes place exclusively in the country where this document was issued. You can affix the apostille on the documents of the registry office in two ways:
- on one’s own;
- with the help of the services of an international lawyer.
Considering that affixing an apostille requires certain knowledge and experience, as well as a fairly large amount of time (due to queues for apostilization at the registry office), we recommend contacting a family lawyer who can resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Apostille on marriage certificate in Ukraine
A marriage certificate is one of the most demanded documents of the registry office when moving abroad. That is why special attention is required when legalizing it. To use a marriage certificate issued by the registry office, in most countries, it becomes relevant to affix an apostille.
The legislative draft that regulates the legalization of documents is the “Procedure for affixing an apostille in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on official documents intended for use in other states, and preparation by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine of notarized documents for further consular legalization” (hereinafter “Procedure for affixing an apostille” ).
According to this legislative draft, there are some conditions for affixing an apostille on a marriage certificate, including the absence:
Moreover, special attention is paid to the translation of the marriage certificate, which can be done:
- certified translator;
- a translator accredited at the embassy.
These are just some of the subtleties regarding the apostille affixing. They suggest that the legalization of a marriage certificate issued by a registry office is not a simple procedure, and therefore in most cases requires a professional approach.
A family lawyer who is engaged in apostilization of civil registry office documents on a daily basis will be able to take into account all the nuances, which will make the process as fast and comfortable as possible for you.
Apostille on divorce certificate in Ukraine
Apostille affixing to a divorce certificate takes place in accordance with the “Procedure for affixing an apostille”. For use outside the home country, not only the apostilization of the registry office document is required, but also the legally competent execution of its translation.
Depending on which country you plan to use the registry office document, there are three options for certifying a divorce certificate.
- When using the services of a certified translator, the translation of the divorce certificate must be certified by a notary.
- When using the services of an accredited translator, the certification is made personally by him.
- In case of double apostilization, an apostille must be affixed not only on the divorce certificate, but also on the translation.
Each country has its own conditions for the registration of documents for the registry office for foreigners. That is why it is important to understand the requirements for translating a divorce certificate before affixing an apostille. A family divorce lawyer who is competent in solving these problems will help to deal with this issue.
Apostille on the birth certificate of a child in Ukraine
A child’s birth certificate must be legalized for use outside the home country, due to the fact that it is this document that the registry office can certify when:
- registration for work;
- passing training.
Incorrect execution of the apostille as legalization may lead to an increase in the time required for preparation of documents by the civil registry office. That is why most citizens seek advice from good lawyers or the service of affixing an apostille to family lawyers. A good legal specialist will be able to perform this task without your presence, thereby saving a lot of time for his client.
It is important to know that some countries set a condition for affixing an apostille not only on the original document of the registry office, but also on its translation (double apostilization).
Moreover, apostille affixing on a birth certificate is possible only if it has not been laminated. If the lamination was done, then it is considered damaged, and therefore you will need to get the document from the registry office again, which can be helped by a family lawyer.
In the public domain, you can find information that the apostille affixing on a birth certificate, which was issued by the registry office before 1991, can be made on a notarized copy of the document. At the same time, practice shows that not in all countries such documents will be adopted by the registry office.
An experienced lawyer who is well versed in this issue will help not to make a mistake in the process of affixing apostille on a birth certificate.
Apostille on the extract from the registry office in Ukraine
An extract from the registry office is a confirmation of the divorce made through the Civil Registry Office in Ukraine. This document is often used when traveling abroad, and therefore requires legalization. For most countries, the apostille affixed to the extract from the registry office is a confirmation of the authenticity of the document.
Please note that when preparing this document for use abroad, you should prepare its translation. There are rules for the translation of an extract from the registry office, which are determined directly by each country separately. It is rather difficult to understand this issue, since not all information “lies on the surface”. This is what makes an appeal to a lawyer for the service of affixing an apostille the most rational solution.
Useful site materials advokat-skriabin.com:
- Lawyer in Zaporozhye
- Alimony lawyer
- Division of property of spouses
- Deprivation of parental rights
- Determining the child’s place of residence
- Departure of the child abroad
- Elimination of obstacles in communication with the child
- Obtaining a court decision
- Obtaining duplicate duplicates of documents at the registry office
Apostille on documents
Do I need an apostille for Ukraine
Apostille of documents what is it
apostille affixing by a notary
Rules for affixing apostille on official documents
The procedure for affixing apostille on official documents
apostille of documents
apostille on which documents
affix apostille on documents
what is apostille of documents and why
why do we need an apostille of documents
affixing apostille on documents
which documents are apostilled
translation of documents with apostille
to apostille documents
legalization of documents apostille 187
to certify documents with an apostille
affixing an apostille on an official document
where to put apostille on documents
+ who puts apostille on documents
Checked by Victoria on 22.06.21
apostille 63 4.40
affixing 45 3.14
affixing apostille 45 3.14 / 6.28
document 35 2.44
marriage 26 1.82
registry office 23 1.61
solution 23 1.61
termination 20 1.40
dissolution of marriage 20 1.40 / 2.79
court decision 20 1.40 / 2.79
ship 20 1.40
certificate 17 1.19
registry office documents 15 1.05 / 2.09
country 15 1.05
lawyer 11 0.77
use 11 0.77
court decision termination 11 0.77 / 2.30
divorce court decision 11 0.77 / 3.07
court termination 11 0.77 / 1.54
divorce court 11 0.77 / 2.30
legalization 10 0.70
apostilization 9 0.63
apostille certificate 9 0.63 / 1.26
may 9 0.63
divorce 9 0.63
service 9 0.63
exactly 8 0.56
translation 8 0.56
signature 8 0.56
order 8 0.56
case 8 0.56
put 7 0.49
divorce court judgment 7 0.49 / 1.47
marriage certificates 7 0.49 / 0.98
court divorce 7 0.49 / 0.98
apostille resolution 6 0.42 / 0.84
apostille court decision 6 0.42 / 1.26
opportunity 6 0.42
extracts from the registry office 6 0.42 / 1.26
statement 6 0.42
required 6 0.42
it 6 0.42
design 6 0.42
receiving 6 0.42
the order of affixing 6 0.42 / 0.84
the order of affixing apostille 6 0.42 / 1.26
affixing apostille to the certificate 6 0.42 / 1.26
termination certificates 6 0.42 / 0.84
divorce certificates 6 0.42 / 1.26
family 6 0.42
family lawyer 6 0.42 / 0.84
term 6 0.42
be 6 0.42
apostille court decision divorce 5 0.35 / 1.40
issue 5 0.35
given 5 0.35
or 5 0.35
base 5 0.35
authenticity 5 0.35
regulate 5 0.35
birth 5 0.35
birth certificate 5 0.35 / 0.70
follow 5 0.35
can 5 0.35
exist 5 0.35
Ukraine 5 0.35
affixing service 5 0.35 / 0.70
service of affixing apostille 5 0.35 / 1.05
Apostille of documents 4 0.28 / 0.56
Apostille of registry office documents 4 0.28 / 0.84
Apostille birth certificate 4 0.28 / 0.84
majority 4 0.28
your 4 0.28
question 4 0.28
extract 4 0.28
register extracts 4 0.28 / 0.56
know 4 0.28
this is why 4 0.28 / 0.56
use outside 4 0.28 / 0.56
sheet 4 0.28
ministry 4 0.28
Ministry of Justice 4 0.28 / 0.56
lot 4 0.28
payment 4 0.28
person 4 0.28
translator 4 0.28
print 4 0.28
confirm 4 0.28
affix apostille 4 0.28 / 0.56
therefore 4 0.28
limit 4 0.28
occur 4 0.28
Apostille affixing to resolution 4 0.28 / 0.84
affixing an apostille to a court decision 4 0.28 / 1.12
regulated by the order of affixing apostille 4 0.28 / 1.12
register 4 0.28
registry office 4 0.28 / 0.56
birth certificate of a child 4 0.28 / 0.84
according to 4 0.28
method 4 0.28
volumes 4 0.28
require 4 0.28
required 4 0.28
condition 4 0.28
legal 4 0.28
justice 4 0.28
apostille certificate of termination 3