- Dissolution of a marriage registered abroad in Ukraine
- Divorce abroad in Ukraine
- Divorce in Ukraine with a foreigner
- Registration of a court decision in case of divorce from a foreigner in Ukraine
- Apostille on a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
- Lawyer services for divorce from a foreigner in Ukraine
- Family lawyer for divorce cases registered abroad in Ukraine
Dissolution of a marriage registered abroad in Ukraine
On our website advokat-skriabin.com you can familiarize yourself with the topic: “Dissolution of a marriage registered abroad in Ukraine” and, if you have any questions, seek legal advice from our family lawyers and lawyers who will provide you with legal services in family matters.
Divorce abroad in Ukraine
When getting married abroad, over time, the issue of divorce often becomes relevant. There are two ways to dissolve a marriage contracted abroad, with or without a child.
The first way is to dissolve the marriage in the territory of the country where it was contracted. This option is relevant for those cases when a person who wants to get a divorce continues to live abroad. In this case, the issue of divorce is resolved according to the laws of the country where you are located, even if you have children.
The main disadvantages of this method should be taken into account.
- A significant waste of time studying the procedure for divorce with children and without. At the same time, it is necessary to understand not only the procedure for divorce abroad, but also to have an idea of the legal framework governing this process. This will take a lot of time and effort, but no one can guarantee a 100% result, since it is based not only on knowledge, but also on experience in family affairs.
- Significant financial costs. Given the high probability of contacting a divorce lawyer when deciding the issue of divorce abroad, it should be noted that the cost of the services of family lawyers and lawyers in most countries is higher than in Ukraine, regardless of whether the spouses have children.
Thus, we can conclude that divorce abroad, along with the comfort of divorce in the country where you live, has significant drawbacks. Moreover, if you no longer live in the place where the marriage was concluded, then divorce abroad has no advantages at all.
Divorce in Ukraine with a foreigner
The second way to dissolve a marriage contracted abroad is to divorce in your home country. This method is relevant for those cases when one of the spouses is a citizen of Ukraine, both if the married couple has common minor children, and in their absence.
According to the Law of Ukraine “On Private International Law”, citizens have the right to divorce in their home country and according to its laws, and Ukrainian courts take into consideration the case of a divorce with a foreign element if a foreigner has property in Ukraine, or lives / resides on Ukrainian territory.
At the same time, the resolution of the Plenum of the Supreme Court of Ukraine regulates the filing of a claim for divorce from a person who does not have citizenship or, if his place of residence is unknown, at the location of the defendant’s property or the last known place of his residence (regardless of the presence of children).
Given this, a divorce from a foreigner in Ukraine can be implemented by filing a statement of claim for divorce at the last known place of residence of the defendant – a foreigner.
The main advantages of this method are:
- Availability of information regarding divorce in the home country, not depending on the presence of children;
- no need for the defendant – a foreigner to be present at the divorce procedure;
- the opportunity to obtain a divorce without personal presence using the services of a lawyer “Turnkey Divorce”;
- reasonable cost of the services of a lawyer for the preparation of documents, as well as full support for divorce in the presence of children;
- 100% positive result in solving your question.
Registration of a court decision in case of divorce from a foreigner in Ukraine
According to Ukrainian legislation, namely the “Rules for the Registration of Acts of Civil Status”, in the event of a divorce from a foreigner (both through the court and through the registry office), it is mandatory to make a note in the civil status record.
In the event of a divorce from a foreigner through the registry office, a mark on the change in civil status is entered at the time of registration of the divorce by the registry office, regardless of the presence of children.
In the event of a divorce from a foreigner through a court, the marriage is considered dissolved after the entry into force of the court decision on the divorce, namely, 30 days after its adoption. Only after that there are grounds for making changes to the civil status record.
In case of divorce, the registration of a court decision in the registry office occurs by the transfer of information by the court about the dissolution of marriage with children and without. However, in practice, there are often cases when for some reason this does not happen.
In this regard, when the court decision on divorce comes into force, we recommend that the former spouses (or one of them) personally make sure that the registration of the divorce in the registry office is completed. If the documents were not transferred by the court, then you should contact the registry office, write a statement and attach a court decision to it, which is the basis for making changes to the civil status record.
Apostille on a court decision on divorce in Ukraine
If it is necessary to use the received document abroad, it should be noted that each country sets its own legalization conditions.
The easiest way to legalize court decisions is to affix an apostille. The Hague Convention determined that apostille on documents is a full-fledged method of legalization on the territory of all countries participating in this agreement. At the same time, some countries set more stringent requirements, which forces us to affix a double apostille (on the original document and its translation for the country where it will be used).
In this regard, when affixing an apostille on a court decision on divorce, or on any other important documents, we recommend that you study the “Rules for affixing an apostille”, which contain all the information on this issue.
Lawyer services for divorce from a foreigner in Ukraine
Despite the fact that a large amount of information about a divorce from a foreigner in the presence and absence of children is already contained on the Internet, we recommend that you be especially careful.
The main problems in the dissolution of a marriage contracted abroad by obtaining information in the public domain:
- false information received from incompetent individuals;
- outdated information in the legal framework;
- legally illiterate analysis of the current situation;
- the choice of not the most optimal solution to the issue that has arisen.
When contacting a lawyer in Zaporozhye, you can be sure that a positive result will be achieved as soon as possible. Moreover, the personal participation of the client in the divorce proceedings is optional! After signing the agreement on legal assistance, your question will become the task of a lawyer, with which he will flawlessly cope without your presence!
Family lawyer for divorce cases registered abroad in Ukraine
In order to effectively resolve the case of divorce registered abroad, in Ukraine, you should contact professional family lawyers.
- provide legal advice on family matters;
- will help to determine the best option for solving a family case;
- prepare all the necessary documents;
- accompanies the course of the entire trial.
Our family lawyers will do everything necessary for a quick and high-quality completion of a legal case!
If you do not know how to do the right thing to decide the case in your favor – write or call our family lawyers!
The first step towards success in resolving a divorce case registered abroad in Ukraine is contacting good family lawyers!
If the article “Dissolution of a Marriage Registered Abroad in Ukraine” was useful for you, please like it. We will provide you with the most relevant and useful information in the field of family law, as well as on new changes in the legislation of Ukraine on the dissolution of a marriage registered abroad in Ukraine.
Useful site materials advokat-skriabin.com:
- Divorce without registration and registration
- Which court should you apply for divorce?
- Husband, wife, children before and after divorce
- How to Choose a Good Divorce Lawyer or Lawyer
- Errors in court and registry office documents in case of divorce
- How to delay a divorce case in court
- Certificate (statement) on marital status in Ukraine
- Law on divorce in Ukraine
- Procedure for termination of marriage
sample statement of claim for divorce with a foreigner
dissolution of a marriage contracted outside Ukraine
dissolution of marriage with a foreigner judicial practice
registration of marriage of Ukrainian citizens abroad
registration of marriage with a foreigner abroad
dissolution of marriage with a citizen of the Russian Federation
how to dissolve a marriage contracted in another country
how to divorce if the marriage is registered in another country
how to get a divorce if your husband is abroad
divorce from a citizen of Russia
is it possible to get a divorce while in another country
divorce without the presence of one of the spouses
how to get a divorce if one of the spouses is abroad
marriage 27 2.38
divorce 27 2.38
termination 21 1.85
dissolution of marriage 21 1.85 / 3.70
border 20 1.76
lawyer 16 1.41
solution 15 1.32
family 15 1.32
Ukraine 15 1.32
country 12 1.06
foreigner 11 0.97
child 11 0.97
question 10 0.88
registered marriage 9 0.79 / 1.59
register 9 0.79
method 9 0.79
ship 9 0.79
marriage registered at the border 8 0.71 / 2.12
marriage registered at the border of Ukraine 8 0.71 / 2.82
border of Ukraine 8 0.71 / 1.41
registered at the border 8 0.71 / 1.41
registered at the border of Ukraine 8 0.71 / 2.12
availability 8 0.71
divorce registered 8 0.71 / 2.12
divorce registered at the border 8 0.71 / 2.82
court decision 8 0.71 / 1.41
family lawyers 8 0.71 / 1.41
document 7 0.62
information 7 0.62
divorce by a foreigner 7 0.62 / 1.23
apostille 6 0.53
registry office 6 0.53
having children 6 0.53 / 1.06
it is 6 0.53